Who we are:
The Florida Society of Neurology is a non-profit medical specialty society established in 1968 to advance the art and science of neurology.
Our goal is to ensure that patients in Florida receive access to the best possible neurological care. We are dedicated to supporting the highest standards of excellence in the practice of neurology through principals, policies and practices that seek the attainment of excellence in patient care and medical education. In doing so we:
• Assure access to quality health care and support services
• Support cutting edge research leading to better treatments and cures for neurological conditions;
• Protect the rights of people with neurological conditions
• Promote full participation of people with neurological conditions in their respective communities.
The Florida Society of Neurology achieves its mission through:
- Supporting principles, policies and practices that seek the attainment of the best in neurological patient care and the highest standards of excellence in the practice of neurology through its work with the FMA and AAN, and via direct advocacy with the Florida Legislature.
- Excellence in medical education, especially as it concerns the neurological sciences via the communication of scientific and scholarly information through or website, community and physician educational seminars, publications and through our annual meeting which is one of, if not the largest and most attended state neurological society meeting.